Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig!



Last weekend was Homecoming Weekend for all of my fellow Furman Paladins out there!!  This, I must say, was a particularly special Homecoming for me, as I had not been to a Furman Homecoming since 2004 (when I was a senior).  So, last weekend I was pretty excited to have one of my best FU buddies, Regina, come to town for the weekend to run a muck like we used to!.... or so we thought...it didn't take too long for us to realize that we are OLD!   Friday night after a delicious (and FREE!!) dinner at Thaicoon [only the BEST Thai place EVER!], we were too tired to go to the carnival on campus, so we did a drive by waving at our sorors and then we took the "party" home only to fall asleep while attempting to watch TV on the couch!

Saturday was super fun and VERY VERY cold!  Regina and I did a little shopping (definitely not like we used to shop! whew!!!) and headed to campus for a tailgate where we received free snacks and Furman goodies!!



 

YAY for free stuff!!!  I also got to see Christina--future President of the United States of America!!  (I actually have footage where Bill Clinton came up to her and told her she's going to be President one day!)  She's always doing something important on the Hill where she works for the Senate.



After seeing a lot of familiar (and many unfamiliar) faces, we headed to the game where we met up with Troy!  On our way to the game, we were, yet again, given more freebies!! A FU Homecoming T-shirt.  [Note: I just said a few weeks ago that I have WAY too many T-shirts from undergrad, but I couldn't let this shirt go, so....]

My favorite part is the back which reads:  SORRY SAMFORD!!

 

And YES we did beat them in football!! GO FU!!! I almost forgot how dedicated the Furman fans are, here's a girl who really went all out--decked out in homemade Furman overalls!


 Anywho, going to the football game really brought back memories!  My favorite cheer: FU 1 time, FU 2 times, FU 3 times, FU ALL the time!!! (FU being Furman University), the fight song, the knight riding in on a white horse at the beginning of the game, jingling our keys and yelling "FU!!" when our team kicks the ball to the other team (don't know fancy/official name for this!), and so much more!

 

 
The cold weather didn't permit us oldies to stay after half-time so we left after the crowning of the Homecoming queen.  But it was a good time had by all!  Can't beat seeing old familiar faces, meeting new FU students, and FREEBIES!! ::smile!::

Next year will be the FIVE year reunion for my class and I'm pretty excited.  Lord willing and the balloon don't burst we'll be there!!

Go Paladins,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!