Monday, September 20, 2010

Recipe: Skillet Cookie


Today I felt like baking something quick, easy, and chocolate!  I decided to go with a skillet cookie! I had all of the ingredients in the house and it takes very minimal baking skills and effort!  So I tweaked my friend Brittany's skillet cookie recipe just a hair and here are the details and results!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chunks

Step by Step:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Whisk together flour, soda, and salt in small bowl to set aside. 

3. With mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix.  Add flour mixture and beat until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Put in 10 inch oven-proof skillet, pressing to flatten.  Bake until the edges brown and top is golden, about 25 minutes.  

5. Transfer to wire rack for 15-20 minutes to cool.  

6. Yummy served warm but also good cooled down.

Pictures:

 
Yum,
SG

1 comment:

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!