Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipe: Almond Sugar Cookie Bars


Well the baking bug hit me and I thought I'd try something easy, new, and something that required things that were already in our cabinets.  So here's what I came up with! I'm not fully sold on the name yet, but I went with what it tasted like--an almond sugar cookie bars!  If you like sugar cookies or almonds or blondies, chances are you'll love this!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 hand full sliced almonds 
1 cup all purpose flour

Step by Step:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 8x8 pyrex glass dish.
3. Cream butter and both sugars until light.
4. Beat in salt, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Add in almonds.
6. Add in flour.  Stir until everything is well-blended.
7. Pour mixture into pyrex dish and smooth it out with spatula.
8. Stir together the remaining sugar & ground cinnamon.
9. Sprinkle mixture/dough with the cinnamon sugar.
10. Bake for 30 minutes.
11. Cut and eat!

Pictures:
 
 
 

Yum,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!