Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 Years Already!?!

Last weekend was Homecoming time again at good ol' FU (Furman University)! Last year was my first year back on campus in a while and it was good to get back again!  Particularly because this year was my five year reunion.  I can't believe it's only been five years since I graduated from college.  It seems like it's been 10!  Got to see lots of people including those super smart students...

 Charity, working on her PhD in something hard that I don't fully understand (MATH!)

Christina who is getting her Masters from Princeton!

...and I showed Troy the Class of 2005's senior class gift (designed by the lovely Anna Winter, my junior year roomie!)--the September 11th memorial wall where I am quoted!!  You see, my first day of college was September 11, 2001.  Date ring a bell?

the memorial sits outside of Furman Hall and selected members of our senior class are quoted, reflecting on our first day of class--September 11, 2001.

 that's my quote! and me pointing to it with Furman bags in my other hand! (the bookstore had a great sale! )

 so cool, one day we can show our children where mommy was quoted! With a slightly different name!

 The Grants in front of Furman Hall!

Oh, one more thing! I was super sad to see that Furman now has a Moe's on campus!! So unfair!  I needed that when I was there!! 

Fun times at F-U yet again,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!