Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recipe: Cookie Bars

 Last week I was bitten by the baker's bug.  I made two delicious items--cookie bars and lemon cream cheese pie.  So, here's the scoop on each of them (next blog entry will be on the pie! this one is about the cookie bars).

I was intrigued when I saw this recipe for "cookie bars" so I decided to give it a whirl and tweak it just a bit to make it my own!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
2 handfulls of mini marshmallows

Tools:
rectangle glass pyrex dish
olive oil spray
mixer (hand or stand)

Step by Step:
  1. preheat oven to 375
  2. spray pyrex dish and set to side
  3. in separate bowl whisk salt, baking soda & flour. set to side.
  4. combine butter, vanilla, sugar & brown sugar
  5. add both eggs. one at a time.
  6. mix in the dry ingredients from step 3.
  7. mix in chocolate chips
  8. mix in peanut butter chips
  9. mix in marshmellows
  10. spread in pyrex dish
  11. bake 20-22 minutes.
  12. take out & let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.
Pictures


YUM,
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!