Friday, June 11, 2010

Water Water Everywhere...

Troy and I vacationed at Hilton Head Island during Memorial Day weekend and it was such an excellent time out on the water!  We found ourselves trying three new adventures--kayaking, jet-skiing, and parasailing!!  Thought we'd share a few pictures with you (but not too many, I looked a semi-hot mess because of the water and heat!)

Kayaking: so, the first hour was fun (despite the heat!) BUT the tide was low during our second hour and we got stuck (and lost) several times! I was SO over it! When we got back to shore, I hugged the ground!


 (waterproof camera pictures will appear a little blurry)

Troy actually had to get out at one point and push us due to the low tide!  Here's Troy in his wet jeans post-kayaking!

Jet-skiing: This was Troy's absolute favorite!  Very fast and just like riding a motorcycle on the water! 

My favorite part was taking time to just sit and look at Jesus's creation! So beautiful! Oh, and second favorite part--the dolphins!  

Least favorite thing--the salt water in my mouth and these huge goggles!
(on the tubey thingee going back to shore)

Parasailing: So this was definitely the most adventurous thing I've ever done! So much fun (and scary at same time)...oh and sooo beautiful!

up..up...and away!..

 
and back down...

so there ya' have it! A quick view at our vacation!  I'll leave you with one last picture of the water.  I tell ya', only Jesus could create something so beautiful!


totally water-adventured out for a while,
SG

2 comments:

  1. YAY! For good pics and vackay! (I felt like i was there..LOL)

    Thanks for posting (especially after my tantrum yesterday on gmail...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked awesome!!!! You should go on vacation more, so I can live vicariously through you, it's sooooo much cheaper. He hee. I can not believe that you went parasailing :-) WHAT?!?!?!?! And you won't eat sprouts :-/
    Glad you two had a good time, y'all are so cute (but I'm sure you already knew that ;-)

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!