Sunday, December 5, 2010

Our Thanksgiving...

Troy and I headed to Georgia to visit my parents and siblings this Thanksgiving.  Here's a synopsis of what went down:  The family hung out.  My mom and I shopped. Troy slept and watched football.  My mom and I shopped.  Troy watched more football. My mom and I shopped.  The family ate. The family went ice skating.  The family ate again. And then we came home! We had such a great time.

Last year was my first time doing the Midnight Madness at Tanger Outlets.  My mom and I kept that going this year! We left the house headed to the outlets in Locust Grove (about 25 minutes from my parents' house) at 11:30 p.m. Thanksgiving night.
Little did we know that PEOPLE ARE CRAZY! (I guess us included!)  Traffic was a HOT mess as far back as 1 mile before the exit.
Then once we actually arrived to the outlet, NO PARKING!! People were parking just about any and everywhere!
And there were so many people!!  I thought maybe the stores were giving stuff away!

Anywho, after shopping at the outlets for about 2 hours or so, we headed home for a nap.  Then, around 10:00 a.m. we headed for Lenox Mall and a few other places (Marshalls & TJ Maxx included of course!).

after 5 hours of sleep...back at it again!

Right outside of Lenox, we saw protesters...
...and a guy who forgot to look in the mirror before coming out in public!

Saturday morning I had breakfast with Whitney!  Such a lovely time!  It started out a little confusing, however!  We could NOT figure out the parking meter in front of the restaurant downtown.  How many lawyers does it take to figure out an Atlanta parking meter? Apparently TWO!

Success!! We figured it out! Stupid meter!

Saturday night Troy and I went ice skating with my parents, brother, and my brother's friend.   I got a twirl or two in without falling!
My parents had a great time! 
 my dad likes to pose! Remember when we played putt putt with him?
 "I don't wanna fall" ~Mom

But I was the ONLY one who fell.

That's me.  Woman on the ice.  But, all in all, it was a good time had by all!

Adrian, one of my many brothers.


So that's my Thanksgiving in a nutshell.  I am quite thankful to have spent time with my family.  And speaking of thankful, I am very grateful to have seen another birthday!  That's right, yesterday I celebrated another birthday!! 28 here I am!  Pictures of the birthday fun are forthcoming so stay tuned!!

How was your Thanksgiving?,
SG

1 comment:

  1. So this is a little late, but I'm doing some blog catch up. I'm glad that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (and birthday by the way) filled with fun, love, food, and of course shopping. By the way, you and your mother are nuts for braving that outlet at 12:00am on Black Friday, I was cozy in a bed :-) I had a great Thanksgiving. I spent the day in the house with just Miles, Kahuna (my friend's cat, I was house sitting), the tv and junk food. I was able to pig out and relax which was just what the doctor ordered. However, I must say, I am looking forward to spending Thanksgiving next year with family, but a little R&R every now and again is quite nice :-)
    Tootles.
    Shayna

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, I get an email on my iPhone. I check your comment, I smile. I am then even happier than I was before. That sunshine spreads to everyone I come into contact with that day. Puppies live longer, flowers don't wither, and world peace is inches closer!! See what leaving a comment does!!! Hurry, write me!